Pics of your all grain setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I've only done one all grain batch, BIAB, I suppose this qualifies as my all grain setup.

[/IMG]

That's really all you need! I might suggest a digital stick thermometer, you can pick one up for 10 - 20 bucks. Not sure I would trust the thermo that comes with a turkey fryer?

My apologies if that's not what I'm looking at.

That's really all you need! I might suggest a digital stick thermometer, you can pick one up for 10 - 20 bucks. Not sure I would trust the thermo that comes with a turkey fryer?

My apologies if that's not what I'm looking at.

I have one. That's just one I picked up at the LHBS to let me know what ballpark I'm in. But they track right on.

Two fifteens and a ten gallon kettles for five and ten gallon batches. Apartment brewing baby!

83E31CB4-26FF-48F2-B6B3-6DD73B01B669.jpg

I think you might have crossed that thin line between hobby and habit.:mug:

I see a lot of guys using kegs, those are aluminum right? Then what's the fuss over stainless? Are there off flavors from aluminum? Or is it a Ford v. Chevy argument?

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone.

Kegs are stainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Here's my ghetto setup. Bottom right is the natural gas wok burner that I built for short money that was one of the best things I have done for this hobby. Never worry about running out of gas.

WP_20140712_001.jpg

^^^^are there oxidation issues during the boil?

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone.

You should passivate an aluminum kettle before using it the first time. Fill it full of water and boil for 30-60 minutes. This will form a dark layer of oxide on the inside of the kettle which is very non-reactive. You only have to do it once unless you scrub the oxide layer off, which is not easy.

Here's my gravity fed system. I use the pump at the end to send the hot wort through the Therminator.

That's a super nice, practical way of setting it up - on your garage wall like that. When we move into a house next year, I'll have to do something similar. Thanks for the idea!

Cooler mash tun with RIMS tube in the foreground; background is a twin burner Campmor stove, boil kettle, and HLT. Not shown is my RIMS controller box. I plan on building a stand out of strut material once I figure out the best layout for the RIMS tube, pump, chiller, and controller. Except for the sparge water, all of the liquids are moved using the pump.

img_0021-63864.jpg

And yes, that's really the color of our house!

Here is our his and hers 15 gallon sculptures.We brew roughly one day a month and make about 250 gallons a year.We're in our ninth year.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412384607.650629.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old School works well.

I built this when I decided to go to 10 gal batches.
IMG_0449_zpsd1f6b575.jpg

All Electric RIMs , the HLT and RIMS tube are PID controlled, the boil kettle is manually controlled.
I use 3 Pumps (all are 12VDC) and are small enough the mount to the cam lock fitting on the 3 vessel's ball valves.

Old school cheap and easy here:

002_zpsb988110d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Here is my humble AG setup. I just started brewing again (glad I didnt get rid of my equipment) so I need to get a table or some other brew stand. Double stacked tool boxes are not that stable :)

2014-11-02 11.56.53.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422830566.865705.jpg
Above shows mash water heat up. I do full mash to boil volume.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422830683.050275.jpg

Above shows inside the cooler. I do not use a manifold. Instead I use a BrewBag brand bag made for a large cooler and 2 cookie cooling racks on the bottom to hold the bag up.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422830870.761369.jpg

I used a hole saw to make a hole for the thermometer probe. I roll up packing foam around the probe wire.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422830986.436278.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422831015.628829.jpg

Only lost one degree in 45 min.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422831098.804099.jpg

Then I move the pot and burned to the right of the cooler and drain the wort. 6.4 gallons.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422831208.434556.jpg

The valve height on the pot in this location allows me to then put the carboy to the right of the brew pot and drain after immersion cooling.

Back