Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Partial Mash using Aussie BIAB method

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default Partial Mash using Aussie BIAB method

I'll brewing my first return to brewing batch tomorrow. It will be a partial mash with approx 3lbs of grains and DME. If I use the Aussie BIAB method and mash the base and specialty grains for an hour as if it were an AG batch, will I have any problems?

All the partial mash kits seem to use less water for the mash and the final boil. Then add topoff water to the fermenter. The topoff water is what I don't like. I'd rather have it all in the main boil.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 137 Times on 130 Posts

No problems with BIAB.

I've often done a full boil with PM kits. Most of the time, I don't even both adjusting the bittering hops. If you are concerned, using 2/3rds of the recipe's bittering add is a good place to start.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply