New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Partial mash help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Trizzle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Partial mash help

SO I'm showing a friend how to brew. I usually all grain but I'm showing him how to partial and of course with the grains, I have no grain bag!!! Any ideas??!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
PatDunkel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Are you using your AG equipment or his? You can steep the grains in your mash tun just like in all grain brewing. If you aren't using a tun, you could pass it through a colander after steeping.

Pat

Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
thaworm69
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 47

How clean are you're socks? I actually read today on a website that you can mash the grains in a pot on the stove and strain them out in a colander or strainer and sparge them after. Not sure how much grain you are talking about. I have also never tried this. Good luck! The link might give you an idea

http://www.northernbrewer.com/learn/partial-mash-walkthrough/

Last edited by thaworm69; 01-24-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Including link

Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
DRonco
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaworm69 View Post
How clean are you're socks? I actually read today on a website that you can mash the grains in a pot on the stove and strain them out in a colander or strainer and sparge them after. Not sure how much grain you are talking about. I have also never tried this. Good luck! The link might give you an idea

http://www.northernbrewer.com/learn/partial-mash-walkthrough/
^ This! ^ I haven't taken the leap to AG yet but this works great for specialty and partial mash grain.
Edit: I use a pasta stainer then dump the liquor through a double mesh stainer right into my BK

Quick Reply