The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Paint strainer bag in E kettle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
redman67
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Paint strainer bag in E kettle

I think I saw on here one time that some are allowing their bags to just float in the kettle

I am worried that the element will melt it, No?

Whats your experience?

Thanks

Because God hates it when you drink bad beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I will state that I dont have an electric kettle, but when boiling, my hop bag floats a lot. I have to continually push it and the hop residue down cause it makes me think im getting better utilization. Last brew day I was tying the bag to the side while the wort was coming to a boil. The bag was hanging on the outside and as I was focused on tying it I then realized that I had just melted it cause it was close to the flame of my burner....ooops! So ya, not sure if that helps or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply