I brewed a marzen today, shooting for a 2 gallon all grain batch. I had some trouble hitting my target mash tun temperature of 155. I was a little high at first so I added some cold water. Later on I went a bit too low (150) and I added a touch of hot water (total clusterf I know).
Brewers friend had a target kettle size of 3.50 gallons pre boil. I may have been a bit higher than that, but not much. After the boil I was left with about 3 gallons in the kettle. It's certainly possible that I didn't have a strong enough boil, then didn't lose enough wort in the process.
This is far from my first all grain batch, but I feel like I really messed this one up. I usually end up with a little more than I shot for, but not really a whole gallon more. I probably have 2.75 or so gallons in my fermentator right now. I'm assuming this has thrown everything off and basically ruined my beer.