New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Ooh That Smell Cant You Smell That Smell!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
EdWort
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesmcgee View Post
Rock on!

Man thats bubblin away! Blowin smells all over the damn place!

Honestly I'm really hopin this is some awesome stuff, my buddy is really into German culture and speaks fluent german..so wanting to appease his love of the german culture i wanted to suprise him with some bottles of Apfelwein for his birthday... and my question now is.. what should I do to bottle this Apfelwein!... Wine bottles? Beer bottles? I'm sorry im seriously new at this apfelwein game.

Go get some Tecate or Carte Blanca in 32 oz bottles and soak the labels off after you drink the beer. They will make great gift bottles. 1 bottle, 1 great buzzz.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
treesmcgee
Recipes 

Thanks Ed! I'll definitely be doing some large beer bottles like you said, I might even buy a couple champagne bottles and fill those babies up, man am I excited to taste this stuff, of course not for another couple months :-p

Primary 4: Air
Bottled: I rarely bottle.
Kegged: IPA, Dry Stout, Red Rye PA
Drinking: IPA, Every beer in the Bell's repertoire. Every Michigan-made beer. It isn't the Great Beer State for nothing.
"Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun, we'll drink on the barrel, until the barrels' done, and when the barrels' done, we'll roll another one, and we'll drink, drink, drink, until the night is done" - Keg Season Song

Old 12-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis The Drunk View Post
Get your sinus checked and but some sudifed.
When I make apfelwein regardless of what type of yeast is used, it smells like buffalo farts for the first 3 - 4 days of fermentation, especially so with Montrachet yeast.
I think I have made 4-5 batches and I never have any smell either. Always the original recipe with fresh pressed no additive juice from Costco.

I do love me some all grain apfelwein though!

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 12-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #14
treesmcgee
Recipes 

Well, all I can say is this stuff definitely smells! Hey I guess its partial mash right? the apples were mashed to get the juice

Primary 4: Air
Bottled: I rarely bottle.
Kegged: IPA, Dry Stout, Red Rye PA
Drinking: IPA, Every beer in the Bell's repertoire. Every Michigan-made beer. It isn't the Great Beer State for nothing.
"Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun, we'll drink on the barrel, until the barrels' done, and when the barrels' done, we'll roll another one, and we'll drink, drink, drink, until the night is done" - Keg Season Song

Quick Reply