Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Online retailers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
rbruch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Online retailers

The closest hb store is an hour away from my house. Its a great place, but inconvenient. What is the best online site to have supplies shipped? I haven't graduated to all grain....yet! (If that helps) Still mini mashing. Thanks!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
Bauer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm a big fan of Austin Homebrew. They have tons of recipes which you can get any of them in extract, PM and all grain. I got several partial mash kits from them and loved them all. Plus they have affordable flat rate shipping.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
BobBailey
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I use MoreBeer. They have a good selection of extremely fresh products, at competitive prices, and offer free shipping on orders over $59, with a few exclusions.

Bob

Old 09-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
Yellowirenut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I use Adventure in Homebrewing. They have had problems in the past with getting product out the door quickly but I have not had a problem recently.

~Besancon maison Brasserie~

Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Calichusetts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 282 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 760

Most of the top online retailers (several mentioned above) are very close in price, selection and service. I would try to find the closest one to you to cut down on shipping.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
BackAlley
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm lucky. My online and my LHBS are both the same....Keystone Homebrew.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
brewmcq
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 518 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 2791

MoreBeer. They put out some GREAT kits... and customer service is second to none.

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #8
signpost
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowirenut View Post
I use Adventure in Homebrewing. They have had problems in the past with getting product out the door quickly but I have not had a problem recently.
I haven't ordered from them online, so I can't attest to their shipping or online customer service. But I just bought some yeast from their store in Taylor, MI a few weeks ago. I hadn't been there before, because the other local shop that is about the same distance from me is right around the corner from my dad's house. The store I normally go to didn't have the yeast I was looking for and AiH had it in stock.

Anyway, I would definitely shop at Adventures in Homebrewing again. Good selection. Helpful staff, as far as I could tell. And there were plenty of other customers buying things in the time I was there. That means a decent turnover of stock, which means fresh ingredients. Also, they have a member's club type thing (not sure if it applies to online sales), and when you spend $200 you get a gift card for some amount. And that isn't $200 in one purchase, they keep track over time.
Bottled - Northern Brewer's Oud Bruin de Table; The Land of Pils and Honey, imperial Saison with Clover Honey; a sour mashed Berliner Weisse; Cascade Pale Ale; Hop Wine - Imperial India Pilsner Ale; Guajillo Ancho Brown Ale; Back To School Porter, Imperial Robust Porter with vanilla beans

Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
Yellowirenut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Yes they have the membership club thing for online sales also.
I would love to visit the store some day. At the corner of 69 and 94 I am thinking "left to continue on to see my parents or right to AIH"

Google says I live only 2 hours from them. Online is just easier for me as I can usually get my items in two days or less.

~Besancon maison Brasserie~

Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
Rhumbline
Recipes 

Liked 200 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 105

I've only ordered from AHS but I've been very pleased. They have a policy to meet anyone's price including delivery. Currently they are offering free shipping on any beer kit.

Shipping rates for other stuff are $6.99 for under $100 or $4.99 for over $100.

Excellent service and packing. I recently placed an order for a wine kit. When it arrived the date code on the box showed that it had been produced less than three weeks earlier.

I'm also a kit brewer and I've been very happy with the quality of their kits. I've made some very good beers.

Quick Reply