New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Old Leghumper brew day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #21
Cheesefood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Are you planning on dry humping your Old Leghopper?

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #22
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayof2day
Does anyone else get really jealous of Dude while sitting, hard at work (or reading homebrewtalk), while he's at home brewing away, 3 days a week it seems like. You know, I considered going to UC Davis and doing fermentation studies instead of somewhere for cell/molecular biology just because then it just might be my job to brew.
Sometimes I do, but I think his overall hours worked are similar or more to most of us, so I deal with it. Still, on days like today I could kick him in the codsack as I sit in my cube.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #23
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayof2day
Does anyone else get really jealous of Dude while sitting, hard at work (or reading homebrewtalk), while he's at home brewing away, 3 days a week it seems like. You know, I considered going to UC Davis and doing fermentation studies instead of somewhere for cell/molecular biology just because then it just might be my job to brew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
Sometimes I do, but I think his overall hours worked are similar or more to most of us, so I deal with it. Still, on days like today I could kick him in the codsack as I sit in my cube.
No need to be jealous. I work rotating shifts so I'm actually jealous of you guys who have weekends off. It is a crapshoot every month. In April I worked every single day of every weekend. Sucks with a family life.

I probably only work 30-35 hours a week, but changing from nights to days and back again--it sucks. I'd kill for a regular M-F shift.

I do enjoy chilling during the week when everyone else is at work though, so there are some advantages.

Well, Old Leghumper (the name will change) is all chilled and racked right onto the WLP005 ( I think I got htat wrong in another thread) slurry. Gravity was through the roof, 1.065. I even ended up with almost 6 gallons of wort too, so I can barely top this off. I plan on adding some water though, that is way too high for this beer.

I cannot believe I got 85%+ efficiency on this.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #24
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
I probably only work 30-35 hours a week, but changing from nights to days and back again--it sucks. I'd kill for a regular M-F shift.
I'm in my office for 40+ hours a week, but I probably only work about 10 of them.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #25
Walker
I use secondaries. :p

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
I'm in my office for 40+ hours a week, but I probably only work about 10 of them.
overachiever.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #26
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
yeah, I'll bet I actually "work" 10 hours a week too. The rest is surfing brewing forums and jeep forums.

I actually like it when I have work because the time goes faster, but we are pretty slow for work right now.
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #27
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
but we are pretty slow for work right now.
Not much weather this time of year?

Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #28
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
yeah, I'll bet I actually "work" 10 hours a week too. The rest is surfing brewing forums and jeep forums.

I actually like it when I have work because the time goes faster, but we are pretty slow for work right now.
I have a completely tedious job and I spend as much time as possible surfing the internet and streaming ESPN radio all day. I guess I actually work 25-30 hours per week which I guess means I am a workaholic compared to you bums!!!!

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 05-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #29
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Forgot to mention 2 things about yesterday.

That grill/brew cart I bought? Best 80 bucks I've ever spent. I didn't realize how convenient it is to have a sink right near the brewing area. It came in really handy. Not to mention all the storage.

Next--I don't think I'm ever trading hops with anyone again, unless I know they are fresh. I traded some varieties with someone on another board, and I got screwed over. When I got them, I noticed they looked kind of yellow.
I planned to use some of them in Old Leghumper yesterday. I opened up the package and they smelled like cheese. Not kidding. I ended up substituting them with something else at the last minute. The whole lot (12 ounces) that we traded, are that same color. I'm pretty pissed.

Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 05-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #30
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Dude, how were the hops packaged? Had they allegedly been stored in the freezer? Maybe you can make a lambic

I've got all mine vac-sealed and frozen now, and so far they're holding up really well.

Quick Reply