Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > "Old" Grains?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #11
Pelikan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
I have 3 and 4 year old malt that still makes a damn fine brew. I made a 10 gallon batch at the shop on Teach a Friend to Brew day with nothing but 3 year old grain and the sample at bottling was delicious. That said I had some 6 year old wheat that tasted nasty and I had to pitch it.
I've heard a number of cases where malt is good after an extended time, so my vote goes to giving it a try.

And Chupacabras: Mein leben!

On a brewing hiatus. Will get back into the fray eventually, methinks...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
kinger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks for the suggestions. None of it has been crushed as of yet. I'll take your advice and taste it...if it tastes good, I'm brewing this weekend.

I took the hiatus from brewing and focused on wine for something different. My wife is more of a wino than a beer guzzler, and I've got access to some excellent grapes here in central NY. Now that I've got my wine cellar stocked, its back to the brewing!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply