Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Is it ok to top off a fermenter with water for All-grain brewing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Do what works for you. If you dilute after the boil you are diluting gravity and bitterness. If you figure your grain and hops for the final volume instead of what you are starting with you will end up pretty close. You will likely get less bitterness because of lower utilization rates in higher gravity worts.

I cut a batch down last night. I'm just trying to crank out a basic base beer for a sour project. 10 gallon pot, started with almost 9 gallons of wort, and put 10 gallons in the fermenters. You do the math.

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply