New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Ocktoberfest Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #11
G. Cretin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou

CAGLE exercises? no, never heard of that...

maybe you mean kegel exercises?
Why don't you go tell that to the urologist I work for. If he spells it With a "C" so will I. But I suppose your the kind of troll thats just looking to start a flame war with some one.Ass.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #12
Lou
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Cretin
Why don't you go tell that to the urologist I work for. If he spells it With a "C" so will I. But I suppose your the kind of troll thats just looking to start a flame war with some one.Ass.
i'd love to teach your stupid d1ck-doc how to spell, nurse cretin. i'm not sure why you think an exercise named after Dr. Kegel should be spelled "CAGLE" but you should definitely tell your boss about what you learned. maybe he'll give you a promotion to head nurse or something...

BTW, that's twice in one thread that you've called people names for no damn reason at all.
just try to relax a little.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #13
G. Cretin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah twice as in I caught it the first time and you didn't need to reiterate the point.
As for dick Dr. (do capitalize Dr. you twitt) and Nurse, you got a problem with people that have finished college. I guess homebrewers have no use for a sense of humor.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #14
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Cretin, this forum isn't all that tolerant of the internet pissin' contests that other forums seem to be so fond of (and no doubt where you came to believe that this level of discourse is for some reason socially acceptable). I'd suggest you get a feel for the place before sounding off if you want your stay and contributions to be productive.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
G. Cretin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
Cretin, this forum isn't all that tolerant of the internet pissin' contests that other forums seem to be so fond of (and no doubt where you came to believe that this level of discourse is for some reason socially acceptable). I'd suggest you get a feel for the place before sounding off if you want your stay and contributions to be productive.
I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest Baron I made a joke it wasn't recived well and thats fine. I don't need any one coming in to try and kick me while I'm down yes I'm a nurse yes it does happen to be a "dick Dr.'s office" but riddle me this if you have testicular cancer or Pros. cancer where you gonna go. I think my degree is valid and I also find my work to be valid I wouldn't chide anyone here because of their occupation it's a low blow. It is and was unneccesary and unprovoked response to a bad joke. Rant done I'm through with this.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:38 AM   #16
cweston

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

All this talk about pissing properly belongs in a thread about BMC, not Oktoberfest.

Back to decoction: Baron, or others: how do you determine how much mash to draw out for a decoction in order to ring the whole mash up to the proper temp for the next step? Is that a trial-and-error sort of thing? (I was going to say "by the seat of your pants," but then, God forbid, we'd be talking about kegels and proctologists.)

I'm interested in taking a shot at some styles where decoction would be the way to go.

Primary: none
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale

Old 08-07-2006, 01:51 AM   #17
PT Ray
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
Do I know you from Cyberfret?
Who did you direct that comment to? It followed my post so was not sure if it was meant for me, if so the answer is no. I did find it a little ironic being I started playing some 20 odd years ago. Did the club scene in the early 90's but have since retired my attempts at a musical career.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:06 AM   #18
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweston
Back to decoction: Baron, or others: how do you determine how much mash to draw out for a decoction in order to ring the whole mash up to the proper temp for the next step? Is that a trial-and-error sort of thing?
It seems to be trial-and-error in my brewery. I use Promash to guesstimate how much will be required, but it's usually low. I think this is because I have my mashtun thermal coefficient set to zero as I preheat my cooler with the mash water and then add the grains. Therefore, it wouldn't be calculating the extra decoction mash necessary to raise the temperature of the tun, as well.

Basically, I pull out what Promash calls for plus a quart or two, usually ~40-50% of the grist plus enough mash liquid to just fill in the spaces between the grains. I add it back in batches and stop if I hit my rest.

Practically speaking, if we take the 40-50-60-70 schedule as prototypical, then I will use a decoction to go from one rest to the next, but if I am going to skip a rest, i.e., go more than ~10C, then I will use an infusion of boiling water as the mass required through decoction isn't that practical.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #19
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Ray
Who did you direct that comment to? It followed my post so was not sure if it was meant for me, if so the answer is no. I did find it a little ironic being I started playing some 20 odd years ago. Did the club scene in the early 90's but have since retired my attempts at a musical career.
Sorry, PT Ray. You must have gotten the #2 post while I was still typing. The question was directed to PanzerofDoom.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:59 AM   #20
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Cretin
Touchy touchy. no need to get butt hurt muffin. just a stupid joke
Unfortunately, you're the one that got bent out of shape over this ...I replied as a joke... ...I didn't think you were going to get any takers.

As for the spelling, Cagel vs Kegel, it's Kegel after the Dr.

Quick Reply