Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Notice on: "A Cheap Wort Cooling Pump"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
floridabrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Notice on: "A Cheap Wort Cooling Pump"

On 10-07-05 I told anyone interested about the $9 garden hose type water pump that will run off your drill motor for transfering your cooling water through your 3/8" copper cooling coil. Remember this....... you must cilp or duct tape or something to hold the tube intake end a few inches from the end in the ice water container. AND>>>>DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM YOUR WORT COOLING TO SEE WHAT THE WIFE IS CALLING YOU FOR !! If it falls out you have no water intake and will burn the little pump right up if the water "in" end is not drawing the cold water ! ( It took only about 1 minute with no water to burn it up!) So lessen learned here, it worked very well before I burned the pump up from no water going through it ! I finsihed the wort cooling as I was told in this forum earlier by you folks by hooking up the garden hose directly to the coil in a big hurry! Either method it cooled very fast. I could taste the difference in the cooled wort from my old ways. Thank you all for that to!

Oh Well! The beer is doing fine at this point of fermentation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2005, 04:37 AM   #2
Darth Konvel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good to hear the beer is ok For a second or two, I was afraid the drill had somehow fallen into the water

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply