Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Northern Brewer Grain is not looking so good

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #121
BeerguyNC61
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Seems like Mr. Farley has not had the retaining class!!! I hope they can trace the crush back to the person if it is the same person and show them the door or maybe move them to a new position say custodial engineer maybe? :rocking:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #122
OG2620
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Seriously? I've read it'll all now. It seems as though this thread should be locked now. Nothing useful is coming from further "discussion".

Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #123
duckmanco
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_one_seven View Post
What did it say on the bag?
The bag, along with the order says "crushed" right on it.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #124
two_one_seven
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG2620 View Post
Seriously? I've read it'll all now. It seems as though this thread should be locked now. Nothing useful is coming from further "discussion".
Really wow. I picture you waving your hand and telling the servant to take this one away because it's not "useful".

People get what they want out of stuff. I think the guy who had his question about his crush got something "useful" out of it.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #125
BrewKnurd
Formerly discnjh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG2620 View Post
Well, by all means, report it to a mod if that's how you feel and you'll find out if they agree. I'm inclined to think they won't, but I don't pretend to know for sure.

Fake it til you make it.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #126
chris_farley
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanco View Post
Already got a reply back from NB offering to send me a replacement grain bill. Great company that I'll continue to purchase from. I certainly hope they get this issue completely worked out.
Glad this got handled by CS. Obviously, it's much better for us both if we get it right the first time. We do make mistakes, and we count all of our 'goofs' (both the ones we catch in internal QC and the ones that make it to the customer). Errors are less than 1%, but IMO errors should be less than 0.1%! (At the current rate we f*** up an order almost every day and we don't want that!!) We do give feedback to the team on issues like this, but to make significant improvements we need to improve the process, not sack people for an error. If somebody makes a LOT of errors, and coaching fails, then yes, we will show them the door.

And we are improving the process substantially. For example, we recently put our mills on a preventative maintenance schedule, which actually will help some crush issues. You can't believe how much wear and tear we put on our poor little Barley Crushers. We're also in the process now of revamping the whole order picking process with an goal of lowering cost (so we can keep your costs low) and improving quality (so we don't f*** up as many orders).

I really do appreciate the feedback. Feedback will make us better!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #127
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1024 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 2733

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_farley View Post
Glad this got handled by CS. Obviously, it's much better for us both if we get it right the first time. We do make mistakes, and we count all of our 'goofs' (both the ones we catch in internal QC and the ones that make it to the customer). Errors are less than 1%, but IMO errors should be less than 0.1%! (At the current rate we f*** up an order almost every day and we don't want that!!) We do give feedback to the team on issues like this, but to make significant improvements we need to improve the process, not sack people for an error. If somebody makes a LOT of errors, and coaching fails, then yes, we will show them the door.

And we are improving the process substantially. For example, we recently put our mills on a preventative maintenance schedule, which actually will help some crush issues. You can't believe how much wear and tear we put on our poor little Barley Crushers. We're also in the process now of revamping the whole order picking process with an goal of lowering cost (so we can keep your costs low) and improving quality (so we don't f*** up as many orders).

Cudos!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #128
Sherpa FE
The < 1% Club
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_farley View Post

Cmon guys, can't really do better than that! THIS is the reason I order from NB.
Great selection, easy to navigate website, and great customer support. rock on Chris!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #129
Jdm5209
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa FE View Post
Cmon guys, can't really do better than that! THIS is the reason I order from NB.
Great selection, easy to navigate website, and great customer support. rock on Chris!
Just awesome. I wish NB was still my LHBS

FWIW, I just ordered my first all grain kit from NB and specifically asked for double crush for BIAB. Wasnt sure about the crush (not that I have anything to compare to) so I crushed some by hand with a rolling pin. 75% efficiency on the first go round. Seems ok, but not sure how much the hand crushing improved things.

Anyway, love me some NB.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #130
Caucasian
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Isn't this always the way it is? Complain first ask questions later? How many times do people bitch about things but don't comment when things are done right? I've never ordered from nb, but if i didn't have two lhbs within 15 mins i would.

Quick Reply