Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Need help formulating a recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Iceman6409
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Need help formulating a recipe

Hello all. I am looking for someone that would be so kind as to help me formulate a recipe for my first time. Normally I would take a lot of time and read up on what's what but at this time time is not on my side. I would like someone to talk me through the process of choosing the grains, hops, etc. and why they are chosen and approximately how much of each should be chosen. This will be a huge learning experience for me. I don't have an exact style chosen yet but I do know it needs to be very light. Flavor is not the most import attribute for this beer as this beer will be meant to be drank in mass quantities over a short period of time. I will explain to whomever decides to help. I think we are looking for a light lager similar to Coors Light or Pabst, etc. It should be a very simple recipe. But if anyone thinks they can help talk me through this I would be HUGELY appreciative. Thank you in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 238 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman6409 View Post
Hello all. I am looking for someone that would be so kind as to help me formulate a recipe for my first time. Normally I would take a lot of time and read up on what's what but at this time time is not on my side. I would like someone to talk me through the process of choosing the grains, hops, etc. and why they are chosen and approximately how much of each should be chosen. This will be a huge learning experience for me. I don't have an exact style chosen yet but I do know it needs to be very light. Flavor is not the most import attribute for this beer as this beer will be meant to be drank in mass quantities over a short period of time. I will explain to whomever decides to help. I think we are looking for a light lager similar to Coors Light or Pabst, etc. It should be a very simple recipe. But if anyone thinks they can help talk me through this I would be HUGELY appreciative. Thank you in advance.
Hmmm. It sounds like you are looking for a keg of Coors Light, but....if you want to homebrew something simple you probably don't want to brew a lager. The recipe would be 'simple', but the process would take many weeks/months longer than brewing an ale.

You'll likely want to brew an American Cream Ale and shouldn't need to go much further than Biermuncher's Cream of 3 Crops recipe here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/cream-three-crops-cream-ale-66503/

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison
Double_D Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
progmac
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 225 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 298

a simple beer you said?