Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > need help designing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
mattybrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default need help designing

So I'm trying to get my act together and build a more serious rig. Right now I'm AG with just one brewpot (w. false bottom) for 6gal brews. I want to bump up to the largest amount of volume I can with 15.5g converted kegs.

the pieces so far:

-7 gal stainless steel BP w. false bottom, ball valve, thermometer
-bayou classic sq 14 outdoor burner
-10 gall rubbermaid cooler
-1 keg just waiting to be converted
-non-self priming pump

any ideas? what jumps out at you?

thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
jagg
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybrews View Post
So I'm trying to get my act together and build a more serious rig. Right now I'm AG with just one brewpot (w. false bottom) for 6gal brews. I want to bump up to the largest amount of volume I can with 15.5g converted kegs.

the pieces so far:

-7 gal stainless steel BP w. false bottom, ball valve, thermometer
-bayou classic sq 14 outdoor burner
-10 gall rubbermaid cooler
-1 keg just waiting to be converted
-non-self priming pump

any ideas? what jumps out at you?

thanks in advance
Convert your keg to a BK and you are ready to go, you can use the 7 gallon pot to heat strike and sparge water, although another converted keg for the strike and sparge water will save you a few minutes,( you can heat the entire sparge volume at once), I can get a 12 gallon batch with my system, you might want to see if your converted keg will fit on the sq-14 burner stand, looks like you are heading in the right direction, good luck on your new system.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 11

You really need to decide what you mean by a more serious rig. If you indeed intend to build a permanent fixture like many shown on HBT, then a lot of planning is in order. I am building toward my dream rig and collecting pieces. I have planned out all the details of my rig so I know what I need and don't waste any of my already small budget on unused items. I have a link to my build thread in my signature. I have all my spreadsheets saved. If you want a copy, PM me and I will email it to you.

If you just mean upgrading to larger batch sizes, that is a much easier thing with less planning. Just getting a bigger tun, and a bigger kettle.

Quick Reply