Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Need help ASAP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
ddroukas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Referring to Revvy's post... can you reliably use a lesser volume of water to test for boil-off rate? I'm assuming that as the volume:surface area ratio decreases you would have an increase in boil-off rate since more molecules can interact with the surface. I'm basically asking: is boil-off a linear or exponential equation?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

On one of the threads here someone did it with a smaller volume then calculated it exponentially..... I tried to find the post, but couldn't....I personally would do a full volume boil to calculate the loss.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Last edited by Revvy; 02-20-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply