Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Need Help ASAP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
FirefightingBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Need Help ASAP

I am in the midst of my first 15 gallon day with three different 5 gallon batches and I miss-timed something. I have 16 pounds of grain mashing at 153 degrees in my cooler at one hour now, but I still have nearly 40 minutes left on my boiling wort for batch number 2. What can I do with my mash? Should I find some various vessels to drain off the wort from the cooler, or keep it in there and continue the mash for 40+ more minutes?? All help appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4248 Times on 3095 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirefightingBrewer View Post
I am in the midst of my first 15 gallon day with three different 5 gallon batches and I miss-timed something. I have 16 pounds of grain mashing at 153 degrees in my cooler at one hour now, but I still have nearly 40 minutes left on my boiling wort for batch number 2. What can I do with my mash? Should I find some various vessels to drain off the wort from the cooler, or keep it in there and continue the mash for 40+ more minutes?? All help appreciated.
Let it sit for another 40 minutes. It'll be fine. Just hold the temperature and don't let it drop too much and you won't even notice a difference.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
FirefightingBrewer
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Just checked and still holding steady at 154...not sure how it went up a degree but whatever? I'll keep it there for the next 40+ minutes..thanks for the help!! Need to figure out where I screwed up...thought I had it planned out perfectly...back to the drawing board I suppose.

Quick Reply