Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > A nearly flawless brew-day (Thanks HBT!)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
khanti
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default A nearly flawless brew-day (Thanks HBT!)

Just brewed my 4th all-grain batch and it went nearly perfectly. It was Honey Ginger Blonde of my own devising. I think I've pretty much got my process down pat. 5 hours start to finish with cleanup (and dinner during the boil!). Hit all my numbers almost right on, just 1 point off both pre-boil and post-boil gravity, but I was assuming 75% efficiency and just may not be there yet. All the little tips and tricks I've picked up here meant less wasted wort and more into the fermenter, more efficient use of my time and a whole lot less running around in panic mode. I owe a great deal of what I've learned to get here to all the kind folks here at HBT and I just wanted to take a second to say "Thanks!".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
avidhomebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

Great to hear the good news. Fire up another batch!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
mjohnson
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidhomebrewer View Post
Great to hear the good news. Fire up another batch!
what a slave driver...

Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #4
SamuraiSquirrel
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

So jealous .................

I had a perfect brew day about the same time as your (all-grain brew #4). Made major equipment "upgrades" and am still seeking my perfect brew day on the new equipment.

Seems like at least one thing always goes wrong or gets stuck. I'll get back there some day lol

Quick Reply