Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > My Wife Thought She Was Being Helpful!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #21
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1988 Times on 1229 Posts
Likes Given: 2809

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigljd View Post
My wife always times her visit to the brew shed during the boil, so she can put her face above the kettle. It's something to do with the steam being good for the skin. This gives me an idea - I could charge people huge amounts of money to sit in my brew shed during the boil with the doors closed (I have an electric brewery so no concerns with fumes). The steam that builds up in the shed could be like a spa treatment, similar to a sauna. I could make up some nonsense about how the steam from the malted barley wort is an ancient and traditional exfoliate. It could change the whole brewing business model, a spa/brewery. Guys could drink beer, and women could sit in the 'spa'.
Genius!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
TromboneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My fiancée got me hooked on this hobby. She's usually my assistant brewer. She's totally mad that she had to teach all day Monday while I was doing my Oktoberfest.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #23
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3712 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 3216

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigljd View Post
My wife always times her visit to the brew shed during the boil, so she can put her face above the kettle. It's something to do with the steam being good for the skin. This gives me an idea - I could charge people huge amounts of money to sit in my brew shed during the boil with the doors closed (I have an electric brewery so no concerns with fumes). The steam that builds up in the shed could be like a spa treatment, similar to a sauna. I could make up some nonsense about how the steam from the malted barley wort is an ancient and traditional exfoliate. It could change the whole brewing business model, a spa/brewery. Guys could drink beer, and women could sit in the 'spa'.
There's a crazy notion out there that soaking your feet in beer will get rid of nail fungus. Entirely BS, I think, but then marketers don't let the facts get in the way.

http://toenailfungustreatments.com/d...ailed-overview

Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #24
Lunchtime
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This b$*ch did what!?!

chris-brown3_532_1456576a.jpg  

Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #25
lou2row
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
There's a crazy notion out there that soaking your feet in beer will get rid of nail fungus.
Now I know where Rolling Rock gets that flavor..................

Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #26
SittingDuck
The original HBT duck.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigljd
Check back in a few months when I invite everyone to join Sitting Duck's Spa-rewery for a modest membership fee. Traditional healing and weight loss guaranteed.*

*No guarantees. Common side effects include weight gain, beer goggles, and pregnancy.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #27
mlg5039
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

So where are the pictures of these female brewing assistants?? Pics or they don't exist! !

It is not certain that everything is uncertain.

Primary:BCS Clone
Secondary:Oud bruin (2), Raspberry melomel
Bottled: Oktoberfest, Imperial Punkin
Kegged: Wild Ale, Dark Mild
Gallons to date 2012: 47

Old 02-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #28
frod1963
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Funny, my wife bitches too. She is the one that said I should try it out 4+ years ago. So it's not my fault I'm über hooked and have spent a ton of money.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #29
Parkinson1963
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default First BIAB

It helps a lot to use a pumping up and down action with a large potato masher rather than a spoon. Much easier

I actually use an over sized ladle now, I agree an up and down motion mixes the mash but easier and better.

Parkinson's Law of Beer "Thirst increases in proportion to the amount of beer available"

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/biab...n-make-240401/

Quick Reply