Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > My Fortune for One 5/8" Stainless Steel Fender Washer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #61
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrymonkey View Post
Its been mentioned.

but they are hit or miss for availability.
Yes that's the point, not every hardware store, big box or independent carries these things. It appears to be a regional thing. You may find it at "your " Lowe's or HD, but I couldn't find any at any store in my city, until I was sent to fastenal but the helpful manager of a big box hardware store. If it were so easy, this thread, nor about 1/3 of the Flyguy thread (lamenting the difficulty of finding them) would exist.....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #62
phecke
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yes that's the point, not every hardware store, big box or independent carries these things. It appears to be a regional thing. You may find it at "your " Lowe's or HD, but I couldn't find any at any store in my city, until I was sent to fastenal but the helpful manager of a big box hardware store. If it were so easy, this thread, nor about 1/3 of the Flyguy thread (lamenting the difficulty of finding them) would exist.....
Didn't mean to rub anybody the wrong way, was just trying to offer another option if they hadn't considered this yet. Apologies if I did.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #63
hungrymonkey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

?

I am confused. Is that directed to me?

I realize they are not at every HD or lowes. That Is why I said it was hit or miss.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #64
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrymonkey View Post
?

I am confused. Is that directed to me?

I realize they are not at every HD or lowes. That Is why I said it was hit or miss.
I think I was ageeing with your response to the previous poster.....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #65
hungrymonkey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
I think I was ageeing with your response to the previous poster.....
Ahh. Gotcha.

Sometimes I am a bit slow on the uptake. But quick with the output.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #66
PoopShipDestroyer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phecke View Post
This may have been mentioned before in this thread but I'm too lazy to look. I got my 5/8" SS washers from Home Depot. They have a product near the hardware called "Create-a-Bolt". All it is some washers and nuts that you pair with threaded rod that they sell. They have a package of SS 5/8" nuts and washers that you can buy and it's less than $5. Probably your best bet considering Home Depot is everywhere.
I looked this up at Home Depot and they were listed as zinc plated, not stainless steel.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #67
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopShipDestroyer View Post
I looked this up at Home Depot and they were listed as zinc plated, not stainless steel.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Yeah, just about all the hardware stores in Porthuron carried 5/8 Zinc washers.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #68
perrypainter
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbeerman View Post
HD will have 17 mm SS washers that work fine.
You would think, but not any in San Diego as of yet.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #69
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrypainter View Post
You would think, but not any in San Diego as of yet.
3 Fastenals in san diego

http://www.google.com/search?q=faste...ed=0CDEQtQMwAQ

Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #70
Native302
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I cannot find a 5/8" stainless or non stainless fender washer or regular washer anywhere. No one carries them in my area. Home depot, lowes, ace hardware, all marine shops, auto shops, not a one of them. Super frustrated and I need one by saturday to do my first all grain brew. Anyone have one they want to sell?

And fastenall said they could order it but it's a case of 20 for $43.85

Just buy a small swimming pool, throw everything in and mash it. Then open ferment in another swimming pool with all the yeast.

Quick Reply