Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > My first all grain...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
Judasbot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My first all grain...

Well, here it is for your veiwing pleasure...my first all grain. It's as close to a ESB clone as I could find. 12lbs. of grain and lots of hops. Being my first grain beer, there were plenty of moments where I didn't know if it was even close to where I needed to be, but it came out dead on the OG (1.060) and has the perfect bitterness to it...I only came out with 4 gals. though. I'm pretty happy with the first experience and can't wait to do it again.

On to the picts.

Here's the sparge...

Relax, Don't Worry, Have a Homebr...uh, Corona.

The Twins...(actually one's a traditional mead )

Ah, what fun. And the weird thing is, I've brewed about a dozen extract beers, but not one in three years. This is the first time I've ever had two primaries going at the same time. May start a third this weekend.

Cheers!

-Jbot

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts

Wow...an AG on the kitchen stove! You're a braver one than I. I brewed an AG Roche 10 clone yesterday @ 1.092, and even with a 90-minute boil with 55k-BTU turkey fryers, I still had to split it into two pots because my 8-gallon wasn't big enough.

And, um, how are you able to actually ingest Corona without a lime in it?

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 05-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
Judasbot
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, I had to break it into two 3 gal. batches for the stove top. That's a 5 gal pot. I'm having a hard time finding a 10 gal pot locally...even at the Liquor Barn (local Disneyland-like liquor store that has home brew equipment). Soon as I can bring myself to drop the $ I'll be boiling on the propane again.

And, oh yea, the corona was on sale...

-Jbot

Quick Reply