My first all grain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judasbot

Reaction score
Well, here it is for your veiwing pleasure...my first all grain. It's as close to a ESB clone as I could find. 12lbs. of grain and lots of hops. Being my first grain beer, there were plenty of moments where I didn't know if it was even close to where I needed to be, but it came out dead on the OG (1.060) and has the perfect bitterness to it...I only came out with 4 gals. though. I'm pretty happy with the first experience and can't wait to do it again.

On to the picts.

Here's the sparge...

Relax, Don't Worry, Have a Homebr...uh, Corona.

The Twins...(actually one's a traditional mead;) )

Ah, what fun. And the weird thing is, I've brewed about a dozen extract beers, but not one in three years. This is the first time I've ever had two primaries going at the same time. May start a third this weekend.

Cheers!

-Jbot

Wow...an AG on the kitchen stove! You're a braver one than I. I brewed an AG Roche 10 clone yesterday @ 1.092, and even with a 90-minute boil with 55k-BTU turkey fryers, I still had to split it into two pots because my 8-gallon wasn't big enough.

And, um, how are you able to actually ingest Corona without a lime in it?

Well, I had to break it into two 3 gal. batches for the stove top. That's a 5 gal pot. I'm having a hard time finding a 10 gal pot locally...even at the Liquor Barn (local Disneyland-like liquor store that has home brew equipment). Soon as I can bring myself to drop the $ I'll be boiling on the propane again.

And, oh yea, the corona was on sale...:fro:

-Jbot

Back