Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Midwest Uncrushed Rapid Response

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
SciencePig
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Regretfully my lhbs doesn't sell the mills. But he is a great guy. He is a customer service advocate without a doubt. I know the next time I'm getting my grain from him and the specialty if he doesn't have it from NB. I would like a homebrew mill but that will wait.

Bottle: Oktoberfest

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
junior
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I have been using Midwest from the beginning from extract to all grain, these guys are Great. If you had problem you should have called them. I guarantee they would have rectified your issue.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
Rev2010
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
these guys are Great. If you had problem you should have called them. I guarantee they would have rectified your issue.
I'm sure Midwest would've fixed it, as would Northern or most other brew supply shops. But, keep in mind he said, "but in any case tomorrow is brew day, no way around that". One thing I never got was how in these situations some others don't see the importance of time with brewing. Sometime us brewers only have a specific day we can brew on and having everything right makes all the difference between a good brew day or no brew day

And sometimes the weather is poor and ruins the brewday as well (since I boil outside)

Rev.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
SciencePig
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Look in the end my lhbs crushed them for free. Rev you're right some of us can only brew on specific days and none the less what happened, over all it was a good day except my strike was off.

Bottle: Oktoberfest

Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #15
Dirty25
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Most online hbs (Midwest/northern brewer) actually list their recipes. I take them to the LHBS and get my grain. I would have felt odd going to them to crush my grain.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #16
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

There's probably some feed stores around wichita falls and they may sell corona style mills. If not, you can definitely buy online through amazon.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
junior
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
I'm sure Midwest would've fixed it, as would Northern or most other brew supply shops. But, keep in mind he said, "but in any case tomorrow is brew day, no way around that". One thing I never got was how in these situations some others don't see the importance of time with brewing. Sometime us brewers only have a specific day we can brew on and having everything right makes all the difference between a good brew day or no brew day

And sometimes the weather is poor and ruins the brewday as well (since I boil outside)

Rev.
Rev, I appreciate that most people have a specific day to brew, I was only giving my opinion on Midwest. This thread is the reason why I finally broke down and purchased a Barley Crusher.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
Rev2010
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Rev, I appreciate that most people have a specific day to brew, I was only giving my opinion on Midwest.
My apologies, I didn't mean anything by it. It's just that in the past I complained one time about Northern taking a few days to ship from when I ordered and how it messed up my brew day. The responses weren't very understanding of the "time" issue

Rev.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #19
kingwood-kid
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
There's probably some feed stores around wichita falls and they may sell corona style mills. If not, you can definitely buy online through amazon.
Corona mills are often used to prep chicken feed, so I'm sure someone in Witchita Falls sells one. I got mine from Amazon and love it. ReverseApacheMaster has an excellent write-up on using one if you click the link in his sig and dig around a little.

Say no to intolerance: love gluten and lactose.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #20
jeffmeh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 18

If you go with a Corona, you must check out Revvy's ugly junk corona mill thread, and particularly Wilserbrewer's corona in a bucket. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-u...ml#post1308996

Quick Reply