Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Microbreweries?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
RJS625
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Microbreweries?

My brother and I are in the process of planing our first AG rig. I Just wanted to start a thread to discuss how professional microbreweries or brew pubs do things. For example, heat sources used, type of sparge, step mashing, etc. From what I gather few if any breweries use a recirculating system and that is so far all I know of them. So if anyone has toured a brewery or has knowledge lets hear it.

I've seen quite a few pics like this of microbreweries mash tuns:
http://www.millstreambrewing.com/images/r16.JPG

Seems like the paddles are always very low, don't know if they constantly move slowly or only every now and then. Not sure if thats a heating element or what... and there's no false bottom there?

Input appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply