Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Mashing and Steeping Simultaneously - Quick Reply Needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
TMannion87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mashing and Steeping Simultaneously - Quick Reply Needed!

Hi all,

I searched and couldn't find an answer for this question, so I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

I'm doing a partial mash brew and I plan on mashing 1 lb of Munich and .50 lb of Melanoiden while simultaneously steeping .50 lb Carapils and .50 lb Crystal 60 all in the same pot.

My question is how much water should I use? I know to use 1.25 qts/per lb for the mash and less than 1 gallon per lb on the steeping grains, but does this change when you're mashing and steeping all at the same time? Any quick replies would be greatly appreciated as I plan to brew in a few hours. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply