Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > "Mashing Made Easy" - Any Expert Thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
WoodlandBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalte View Post
Since you tried a few different methods, was BIAB primarly for convenience? Do you find that your wort is cloudier with that approach? I tried a small BIAB on the stove and my gallon primaries have a lot more trub than I see with this approach.
It is for convince, and there is a fair amount of protein that goes into the fermenter, but I cold crash and my beers plane beers come out crystal clear.

The 2nd edition is now available: Brewing Engineering
Woodland Brewing Research Blog Applied Science for Better Beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #12
billl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 7

"Efficiency" is highly overrated. If you are at 70% plus already, you are fine. You can spend time tweaking your process to get that up a little, but getting up to 80% is only going to save a couple bucks a batch. Obviously, it's nice to save those couple bucks, but it is a pretty small benefit. It's much more important to be consistent so you can can brew the beer you want every time. eg if you are consistently at 72%, just plug that into your software and you'll be golden.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply