Well, the brew day is over and it went well for the most part. My mash temp came in a bit low - 153° but it held that temp for the entire 60 minutes. Sparging was another story. For the first time, I had a stuck sparge - not fun (and I had added a half pound of rice hulls tot he grist...). Hopefully I got enough 170° water in there to stop me from getting too much tannin in the wert. It took quite a bit of stirring and a bit of ingenuity to get it unstuck but we got there and ended up with just under 7 gal. preboil.
One nice thing with the new pot - I finally got the amount of boil off that was calculated. Yeaaaa, no more guessing how much wert to start with.
Anyway, the yeast is pitched and in a few weeks, I'll post up how it tastes (the hydro sample was sweet & smooth).