The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Mash Pad with a false bottom

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
zaxsan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Mash Pad with a false bottom

Has anyone ever used a mash pad with their false bottom? Where can they be purchased?

My 12" FB makes an ok seal on the bottom of my kettle. I assumed the weight of the grains (10+lbs) and water(4+ gal) would "push" the FB down and stay there. I was wrong. The spage stuck almost right away. I need some way to better push the FB to the pot, or get a better way to strain the wort through without sucking up the grains.

Mash Pad? Other sugestions? I have the Spike Brewing standard 12" FB setup. It looks just like all the others I see on the web. Perhaps Iam doing something wrong? It is possible that when I was mixing the mash and water it lifted the bottom and I was in trouble right away. Perhaps I need to hold the FB down while mixing and then the water/grain weight will work properly?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply