Oh, thanks... that is a great suggestion! Batch sparging:
1. mash as normal.
2. Add some hot water (to bring temp up to 170)
3. Stir mash gently with paddle.
4. Recirculate the first runnings through the MT (as usual)
5. Drain MT completely.
6. Start heating the BK, now that it has wort in it (to save time)
7. Dump in another chunk of water from HLT into MT
8. Gently stir MT again
9. Recirculate runnings again (until clearish)
10. Drain MT completely.
11. Now there is another wort in BK to apply high heat, you should be trying to bring it to a boil.
12. Repeat steps 7-10 one more time and your sparging process is complete.
Am I missing anything? I guess I need to figure out my exact water quantities but that shouldn't be hard.