New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > mash one day, brew next day?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
william_shakes_beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp69_2001 View Post
My boy is excellent help. He pulls my airlock out. splashes in the water. and every time I turn around he is either throwing my stirring spoon on the ground or trying to taste the wort. He's getting better, but today he tried to grab the brew pot during the boil and burned his little fingers a little.
Sounds like you need to get him a no-boil kit. I remember my kids used to want to do everything I was doing... Now they just want to borrow the car (sigh)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
bjl110
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I do this and have had fine results so far. I've only done it with my last two batches though. I sparged and then let it cool overnight. The beer is not carbed up yet, but it tasted just fine at the month mark. No hints of sourness yet. I let the more recent one sit for a couple days because things get in the way going to school, teaching, and being a stay at home dad for a one year old. So, we shall see. I'll let you know how it turns out. In fact, its been two weeks so I think I'll go pull a grav sample and report back.

Thinking About: Oak Aged Stout, BDSA
Oh Lisa, you and your stories. Bart is a vampire, beer kills braincells. Now let's all go back to that ...building...thingy...where our beds and TV...is. - Homer

Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
sillyburt
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

what I try to do is have all of my wort ready on the stove prior to bedtime. you could even mash in before dinner if you don't have any issues with large stock pot on stove heating up mash water while dinner is getting ready. perhaps treat SWMBO to carry out when this happens as that way you'll be sure to get many more brew dates :-)

do all your sparging after dinner collecting all the wort & put on stove.

I then keep it at medium heat while putting kids to bed. when I get out I turn it up to full blast.

the time tabloe works well & I don't have to avoid putting my kids to bed andmaking SWMBO do it. nothing like having boiling wort at 9pm, cleaned up by 11-11:30 :-)

Quick Reply