Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Manifold Sparging problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
jkarp
Beer Herder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedisasterparty View Post
Beginner AG brewer here. So far, I haven't had too many problems with all grain brewing. Tonight however, it seems the grains are clogging my manifold. I can't drain the wort through it. My only option seems to be to pour the mash through a strainer to separate the grains and the wort. The problem with this is that the wort is super cloudy now.

Should I just ditch this brew and walk away with the supplies I have left? Can I still make an okay beer out of this? Why is the grain clogging my manifold?
Get some rice hulls on your next LHBS visit. 2 lbs will last you for a long time. Next time things get stuck, just toss in a handful of hulls, stir, re-set the grain bed and try again. It's also helpful to do a mashout to heat up and thin out the mash prior to sparging.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply