Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Major Buzzkill

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 03:02 AM   #41
joshpooh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle
PBR is a good beer, but all the trendy, scene/emo asses in NYC have turned me off of it.

Wow, where I live the only people that drink it are 70+ year old men.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 AM   #42
The Drizzle

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpooh
Wow, where I live the only people that drink it are 70+ year old men.
It's trendy, why? I don't know. Scene chicks are hot though, but they are only into other scenesters.

ugh

Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #43
trev
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D*Bo
Don't forget that not to long back Bud and the like were the only things readily available.
So they grew up with their fathers and uncles drinking Bud. When it came time for them to get beer (leagaly or otherwise), they went for Bud.
People are afraid of change and things that are new or unfamiliar.

I'm fairly young in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure many of you old timers came up thru the beer ranks drinkking the "swill".

Personally I never liked Bud or the likes from the start. Corona was tollerable with lime, but not quite it. Once I had a choice in what was bought for me I tried Killians and it's all been down hilll from there.

Anybody else here like PBR? I've tended to notice most BMC drinkers think PBR is crap, but the quality beer drinkers think Pabst is a decent American Golden Lager.
Stumbled across Stroh's this week (stuck in Springfield, OH. The beer scene seems dismal from every thing I've found), not to bad.
I disagree completely!!!

My father drank coors when I was younger and I used to sneak them and thought, ok, this is beer.. In my later years I drank everything from Mickey's to Night train.. YUCK!

OK, here is my main point! I drank Heineken for YEARS! AND I LOVED IT!! but I grew tired of it and cannot even fathom drinking it but maybe once in a while.

I have to drink different beers otherwise I get tired of them, just like the Widmers Hefe I just brewed. Maybe it's just me? Everyone is different but I have to have a variety of beers and cannot drink the same thing whether it be swill or micro year after year.. I think that's why we are home brewers.

-- Trev

Primary: Widmer Hefeweizen clone
Secondary:
Bottled: Fat Tire clone
Next Up:?

Quick Reply