Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Major Buzzkill

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 AM   #31
dibby33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The human body is a marvelous thing, it can change good beer into BMC. Handy tap at front of body for pouring straight into bottles...

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #32
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 566 Times on 334 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhornet
hey Muncher....I was joking by the way

I think it's kinda funny how your building him up until the time is right....like holding the carrot infront of the rabitts face
Yeah I know you were kidding.

Ya gotta know my neighbor. You can make a comment about how hot it is outside when it's 101 and he'll argue that "this ain't hot...you don't know hot...why where I come from...blah, blah, blah..."

Kind of a know it all.

Trust me, when my friends come over, they know to expect the HB to be flowing freely.

Oh and D2T, careful with throwing the EAC label around. Some around here ain't quite as easy goin...or mildly drunk as I am.

Plus, it just isn't very nice.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 AM   #33
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

where's your neighbor from?

cuz it's hot as sh!t here...and it's just now may

Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #34
trev
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhornet
where's your neighbor from?

cuz it's hot as sh!t here...and it's just now may
Why don't more ppl appreciate good beer?

-- Trev

Primary: Widmer Hefeweizen clone
Secondary:
Bottled: Fat Tire clone
Next Up:?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #35
Bagsworth

Recipes 

Personally I never understood the liking for BUDWEISER or other beers of that caliber. Every time I tried to drink that stuff when I was young I just got sick to my stomach, but then again I have always been a hop head or more complex beer drinker. When I started brewing a year ago I finally switched some of my other friends over to the other side of the tracks with me to "GOOD BEER" or my opinion of good beer. Technically, people in general will always have different opinions of taste so as long as you are open minded than we all can drink together and be happy.

Action speaks louder than words!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagsworth
Personally I never understood the liking for BUDWEISER or other beers of that caliber. Every time I tried to drink that stuff when I was young I just got sick to my stomach, but then again I have always been a hop head or more complex beer drinker. When I started brewing a year ago I finally switched some of my other friends over to the other side of the tracks with me to "GOOD BEER" or my opinion of good beer. Technically, people in general will always have different opinions of taste so as long as you are open minded than we all can drink together and be happy.
I also can't understand it either. In high school and college I tried the beers available (BMC and cheaper) but found them disgusting. I figured I just didn't like beer. But I do like trying different things and when I moved up to Boston and starting working with some engineers who appreciated good beer I gave it a try. Guess what I really like good beer. I still don't like getting drunk which usually limits me to 2 or 3 beers in an evening but I really enjoy trying new styles.

Craig

Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #37
abracadabra

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaler
Some people just don't like really bitter beers....I know I don't. I'm just not a big fan of them, I stick with beers like hefeweizens and belgians, or things a little less hoppy like pale ales. Not everyone is a hop head

Just to expand on daler's point, just like some people have better eyesight and better hearing than others. Some people have more sensitve taste buds. Also some people just find bitterness offensive.

My wife loves the beer I brew but I cut way back on the hops for her.

Also don't forget that there is a huge emotional attachment to Bud because of the massive amount of advertising. I've done blind taste tests on my cousin who said he loves Bud but says other beers taste better when there's no label involved then he goes right back to Bud.

Last edited by abracadabra; 05-01-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #38
D*Bo
Recipes 

Don't forget that not to long back Bud and the like were the only things readily available.
So they grew up with their fathers and uncles drinking Bud. When it came time for them to get beer (leagaly or otherwise), they went for Bud.
People are afraid of change and things that are new or unfamiliar.

I'm fairly young in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure many of you old timers came up thru the beer ranks drinkking the "swill".

Personally I never liked Bud or the likes from the start. Corona was tollerable with lime, but not quite it. Once I had a choice in what was bought for me I tried Killians and it's all been down hilll from there.

Anybody else here like PBR? I've tended to notice most BMC drinkers think PBR is crap, but the quality beer drinkers think Pabst is a decent American Golden Lager.
Stumbled across Stroh's this week (stuck in Springfield, OH. The beer scene seems dismal from every thing I've found), not to bad.

Drinking Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Oaked Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Dry Mead)
Up NextScottish ale and Dopple Bock

Always ready for the wack snack attack, I carry sandwiches around in a straight edge style JanSports backpack.

Support your local businesses

Old 05-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #39
joshpooh
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D*Bo
Anybody else here like PBR? I've tended to notice most BMC drinkers think PBR is crap, but the quality beer drinkers think Pabst is a decent American Golden Lager.
Stumbled across Stroh's this week (stuck in Springfield, OH. The beer scene seems dismal from every thing I've found), not to bad.

I think PBR is a decent beer. Better than BMC, but not near as good as the brews those of us on this forum typically drink homebrew or commercial. I think BMC drinkers think it is crap because it actually has some flavor to it and BMC doesn't.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 AM   #40
The Drizzle

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

PBR is a good beer, but all the trendy, scene/emo asses in NYC have turned me off of it.

ugh

Quick Reply