Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Lesson learned in patience in aging beer.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
bduane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Lesson learned in patience in aging beer.

I finally was patient with one of my beers (I like to learn the hard way!). After tasting some off-flavors in my first AG batch, I decided to let the keg it sit at room temperature for a few weeks. The difference was amazing. The beer became crystal clear, and the off-flavors were gone, leaving behind a delicious English IPA!

One thing I was missing before is that i thought that the 2-3 week period that the beer was being force-carbed was also aging, but now I believe that the cold serving temperature severely inhibits the aging process.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply