After I finished brewing, I decided to check the gravity of the liquid left in the mashing tun and found that it was still at 1.035 (3 hours after mashing). This was only my 5th all grain batch, but I have never had problems with efficiency before. My efficiency was at 26 instead of 28 or 30 like it had been with my other batches. I fly sparge and my runoff is at a rate of about 1 qt every 2 min. The only difference between this batch and the others was that I used 10 pounds of grain instead of 8.
I'm not sure if I have a problem or not as I extracted enough sugars to get a decent starting gravity (1.048), which was just slightly lower than where I wanted (1.050). I just feel like I am wasting a lot of sugar. If nothing else, I feel like I should make a 1 gallon test batch with the remaining sugars and try a different flavoring like cayenne pepper or garlic.