Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Layering grain - vs. - Mixing Grain - vs. - Just dump it in

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Denny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 437 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
Commercial and Homebrew and different worlds.

Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

http://www.experimentalbrew.com - the website for the book "Experimental Homebrewing"...coming Nov. 2014

ajf Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
Jakeintoledo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm always worried about dough balls, so I always stir for a couple minutes as I'm pouring water in. so it wouldn't matter in my case. you should be stirring or using something like a RIMS system to move the water around, because you'll have mash temperature stratification if you don't. I've heard of the magical and almost improbable insulating properties of wet mash, and have personally seen eight-degree differences in temperature of unstirred mash.

Jake in Toledo

Primary: Privateer English Pale Ale
Kegged: VEE HAFF VAYS AUF MAKING YOU TALK LOUDLY Dunkel
Bottled: Pacific Pride (American) Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply