Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Lager Hiatus

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Mogget
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lager Hiatus

Have a bastardized pilsner that has been lagering for about a month now. I'm all ready to brew some more lager in a couple days. Would it hurt the beer that is lagering to bring it up to 50 or so for a few weeks while this new batch ferments? And then take them both back down to lagering temps?

Another question, I never racked the beer that has been lagering. Is that cake still viable?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
tonybrewer
Recipes 

I think you'd be fine. I've bottled lagers then let them come to room temp for conditioning with no ill effects. Same thing kind of

Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #3
Begin2Brew
Searching for the perfect beer one at a time
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogget View Post
Have a bastardized pilsner that has been lagering for about a month now. I'm all ready to brew some more lager in a couple days. Would it hurt the beer that is lagering to bring it up to 50 or so for a few weeks while this new batch ferments? And then take them both back down to lagering temps?

Another question, I never racked the beer that has been lagering. Is that cake still viable?
I have done this before with no ill effects.

If you are lagering in the primary I would harvest some of the yeast, wash it and use it in a starter before pitching into another batch.

Bill

Ruffled Feathers Brewery

Quick Reply