Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Keggle Efficiency/Wort Volume

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Stevorino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Keggle Efficiency/Wort Volume

So I'm really trying to dial in on my efficiency and wort volume of my keggle MLT and Kettle. It seems like there's about 2-2.5 gallons of dead space between the bottom of the keggle and the spigot...how do ya'll adjust for this in your measurements?

Up until now, I've just tipped the keggle at the end to try to get every little bit out, but especially in my boil kettle, I end up getting a bunch of yuckiness in my fermenter as a result.

Also, how much does a tube running from the spigot to the bottom of the MLT help? I have one that goes to a Falsebottom/bazooka tube laying on the bottom of the keggle. Is that pulling out volume through suction (like gravity fed systems) out from below the spigot?

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 905 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 26

It makes all the difference. I leave only a pint of wort behind.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply