Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Just starting all grain, wish me luck.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Rohlk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default Just starting all grain, wish me luck.

I have been brewing with extract and have done some partial mashes. Helped a buddy with his first all grain batch. I've been using Designing Great Beers to figure my numbers out and have done it all with a pencil and pad so I hope it all works out. I think I'm gonna do a Pumpkin Ale for my first all grain batch and after that a Porter. I've got the Porter recipe all worked out and need to work out a recipe for the Pumpkin Ale seeing as pumpkins are available now. Here is my rig I finally got leak free. Its been a bit of a process. This is just a mock up. Wish me luck.

dscf3054.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 412 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 616

Looks great. The 'by hand' recipe stuff is kinda fun at first, but pony up for Beersmith or something. You'll never look back. Congrats!!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Brew-boy

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Looks like how we all started out in one way or another. You will be fine and I bet you make some really good beer. This is just the beginning you will go crazy and want to upgrade you system, it never stops...lol

Aging: Imperial Oatmeal Stout on Vanilla beans.

I rather owe you a dollar than cheat you out of it.."Dad"

http://lapeerareabrewers.com/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LapeerAreaBrewers/

Quick Reply