Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Irish Cream Ale approach...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
drmojo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Irish Cream Ale approach...

Any suggestions for a partial mash bottled Irish Cream Ale for a guy who's a little out of practice?

I've been researching how to do an Irish Cream Ale, like Kilkenny's...it's been like four years since I last brewed. I don't have the space for an all-grain version. Nor do I have the equipment to nitrogenate right now.

So am I out of luck? I'm essentially making an Irish Red, and pulling over elements from a cream ale, or perhaps vice versa. I figured I could get an Irish Red Extract Kit and pull over some grains for a Boddingtons type ale. Or get a cream ale extract recipe and add some grains for color.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
xmcchillinx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I did the same search a while back, Kilkenny is hard to come by in Orlando and the only place to find it in in Disney and is outrageously priced. As for a recipe I stopped looking once I realized that I wouldn't be able to reproduce the head without the ability to nitrogenate the beer (Kilkenny just wouldn't be the same). I would think a cream ale extract would be the best place to start and depending on the recipe add some lighter crystal malts and possible something to help with head retention. But it's been a while since I've had one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply