I finally did my first AG today, and it was a Brown Ale. I decided to half the recipe from 6 gallons to 3, due to my lack of having a pot that could boil 6+ gallons. In halfing my recipe it threw me off quite bad. I thought i had it all figured out, but now the amount of water i needed, for some reason didn't function in my brain properly, Major brain fart. O well, i think i didn't sparge properly, but i seemed to be on the right track. We will see how it turns out, it smells good so far, I jus can't wait to see if the flavor sucks or if it isn't half bad. Defianently a good first experience, except my mash tun filter kept getting jammed and had to blow air into it, so i'm prepared to do another one soon enough.