Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Inspiration Thead: Post your 2013 Brew Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #21
BAJones
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68 View Post
This is a really cool idea.

I brewed a crap-ton of different batches last year, hitting about 45 different beers and styles (with mixed results).

This year I'm going to do the opposite and pick 6 recipes and brew the hell out of them until I've got them perfected and down pat.
This is a great idea, I usually figure out maybe a day or two before I brew and crush the grains the night before, but I may try and do something like this, brewing six or eight different batches (gotta have some choices!)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 291 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJones View Post
This is a great idea, I usually figure out maybe a day or two before I brew and crush the grains the night before, but I may try and do something like this, brewing six or eight different batches (gotta have some choices!)
When I remembered to brew my Oktoberfest in September last year I told myself I needed to get things together and plan it out. That and the 25 pounds of hops I've accumulated thinking I might need them. Hopefully the plan keeps my costs down and helps me explore some new beers.

-Retired Homebrewer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #23
sdillow
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow. Some great ideas here. I usually research an idea for a few weeks before I finally get around to brewing it.

Right now I have a Belgian IPA in the works, and a simcoe IPA. Want to try some SMaSH's this year, 5.5g batches split between two yeast varieties so I can learn more on hops and yeast flavor characteristics. Definitely will be doing the Deception Cream Ale again and my Rye IPA and Black IPA recipes I've been trying to perfect.

I need to really get my act together with buying the more rare hops before they're sold out.

Would like to try my second lager too, but I hate tying up a fermenter for so long.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #24
Frogmanx82
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Hmmmm planning ahead you say...... I hadn't really considered that. After my first year of brewing I definitely have some repeats I want to do.

Jan to March, still looking for some comfort dark beers
Honey Nut Brown Ale - used brazilian pepper honey, awesome

April to June
Saison was a great summer beer. Need to brew it as soon as the weather turns hot and I can ferment at 80F.
Bells 2 hearted clone, may try it all grain this year. The kit from ebrew.com was spot on.
Summer citrus wheat

July to September
More Saison
Pumpkin ale - still trying to find the perfect spice blend. The best pumpkin ale I tasted was from Pisgah Brewing and they just used cinnamon and nutmeg.

October to December
Chai Milk Stout - one of my best beers adding a chai tea blend
Chocolate Milk Stout - right up there with the chai, made with cacao nib vodka extract
Williams Holiday Ale - great extract kit from Williams Brewing

SWMBO wants a pumpkin ale on a porter base, sounds interesting, I need to work that one into the fall schedule. Those are ones I know. I definitely want to add some new stuff. Its harder to plan that out. At least now I have a start. Thanks for the post.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
crushingblackdoom
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

This year I just wanna really nail down my handful of recipes, while experimenting with Belgian inspired beers. It's hard not to stray from the recipe sometimes, even with cooking I have a hard time following a recipe exactly...
So here's to it! A new year of practice makes perfect, with some fun distractions in between. Cheers everyone!!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I can't think that far in advance.

My schedule goes something like this...

Wednesday or Thursday decide what I want to brew. On Friday go to LHBS and get supplies. Come home make starter. Brew on Saturday or Sunday morning.

Repeat.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #27
rjdutch
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This year I just plan to brew more. And brew some styles I haven't brewed before. Just put my first saison in the fermenter and I have oatmeal stout and scotch ale in secondaries and an sob that is keg conditioning. Also, as I have been struggling with mash temps I plan to rework my brew system, perhaps to all electric. Other than that I have no plans.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #28
Piratwolf
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsday
something big like IIPA or wee heavy...if I can get to it soon enough to shelf it for 6-9 months before next Thanksgiving.
I recently re-listened to a podcast where Jamil Z asserts that hop character can drop as much as 50% after 6 months, so you may want to brew in August or early September? Just an idea!

jmendez29: Haha! I get it! :ban:
Wait. You're not talking about beer, right?
You're talking about beer. That could have been a whole lot more fun.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #29
upperNY01brewer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I've got me a Bourbon Barrel Porter in the works for tomorrow, then a American Hefe Weisen planned for next week and to finish off the month a Belgian Dubbel. And as far as the rest of the year, I usually take it season to season.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #30
ddicker60
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I only have three planned so far. A brown ale for my buddy. Then Zombie Dust Clone, and Fathead's Headhunter that I got from Mitch Steele's IPA book. Aside from that a black IPA, and a big stout

Quick Reply