Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Infection question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
hopmadness
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Infection question

Greetings all. Just wanted to get your opinion on something.
I opened my fermenter last night to keg my porter and noticed two quarter sized "bubbles" that did not look like the typical small bubblescaround them (few tiny bubbles from moving the fermenter). These two were much larger and had a "hazziness" to them. Immediately I was worried that this may be my first infection after over a year of brewing. I tasted the beer and it tasted good (albeit flat)....no sourness at all. I guess if it continues to taste good it doesn't matter much...BUT...does anyone think this is infection? Don't have much experience with infected beer.....is it pretty noticeably sour?? Like I said...not too worried if it is infected because it tasted good and will now be at 35-40 degrees F....meaning that any infection will likely NOT progress to cause any other problems. Just curious. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
WillPall
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Without a picture, I wouldn't know what to tell you, except for RDWHAHB. You've pretty much answered your own question. May have been more of a problem if you were bottle conditioning. But in your case I'd say rack out from under it and keg away.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply