I started brewing back in September. Followed the usual path, extract, extract + steeping grains, partial mash, with a few meads and ciders in between. Last weekend, I did my first all grain batch, with my own recipe no less! I think it went well, hit my numbers (well, ended up having higher efficiency, ~78%, calculated for 70%).
Now, I didn't post this last weekend because I figured it could just be a fluke. Yesterday, I did not one but two batches, a nut brown ale (that someone posted to me on another thread) and a hefeweizen (bee cave recipe). Both went well too, ended up with 76% and 78% efficiency. Woohoo!
I shall now call it official! I had a blast! I'm only doing 3 gallon batches with stovetop + heatstick, next step is building a electric BK that I can do full batches with.
I couldn't have done it without everyone here; I've read TONS of posts, and all of you are what got me to this point. Thanks HBT community!