Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Ideas? Looking to start All-Grain 10 gallon batch setup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
jugheadbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Ideas? Looking to start All-Grain 10 gallon batch setup

Great forum, lots of great information and experience hangs out here!

I have been doing extract brews about 1.5 years and am finally ready to move up to AG. I have been amassing equipment in anticipation of this and just need some advice on which equipment to put to what use.

I want to be able to start off doing 10 gallon batches (with potential for some high gravity) right away. It is also important to me to put the equipment I already have to the most efficient use possible.....if that means spending a few bucks to get the most bang, I'm fine with it. So without further ado, here is what I have:

1 - 10 Gallon polarware brewpot with spigot and thermometer
1 - Converted 15.5G keggle with spigot, but no false bottom or anything
2 - unconverted 15.5G kegs
1 - outdoor turkey fryer burner

So which pieces to use for what with consideration for brewing 10+gallon all-grain brews? I am thinking about doing a 70-QT Coleman cooler MLT and just using the 10G polarware as a HLT and the converted keggle as boil kettle. What do you think?

Help me Brew Kenobi. You're my only hope.

jughead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
wilserbrewer
BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 503 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Polarware HLT, Keggle boil kettle, acquire a 60qt +- cooler mash tun and add a braid. Use the remaining sankeys for fermenters.

Hah, I eread your post and see that is the route your considering

Old 03-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
Bashiba
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't you'll be happy with the Turkey Fryer, they just don't have enough juice.
I have a Turkey Fryer and a Bayou Classic and the Bayou is a ton faster to heat water and boil. I was using the Turkey Burner to heat strike and sparge water, and with a big batch I was lucky to get the sparge water up to temp even with a 60 minute mash. In fact I'm getting a second bayou hopefully this week to remedy this.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produc...ducts_id=11030

Quick Reply