Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Idea for split batch: Centennial Blonde/Saison?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
GuitarGumption
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Idea for split batch: Centennial Blonde/Saison?

I've been meaning to brew the famous Centennial Blonde, as it sounds pretty great, and I need a beer that will be done soon while I wait for my higher gravity farmhouse ale to age. But I'm on a Farmhouse/Saison kick too, so I thought I'd split the batch and pitch Nottingham in one half of it, and a saison yeast such as 3711 or Saison II or Blend in the other half.

Any thoughts on how the Saison half would turn out? It seems a simple enough grain bill that it would work just fine. Also, ideas on best Saison yeast for this low gravity Saison with this grain bill?

I appreciate any input.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 04:19 AM   #2
rwgaro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Idea for split batch: Centennial Blonde/Saison?

Hey man - did you ever try this? I had this exact same thought as you, did a search and found your post... If you did curious how it was...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply