Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > I made an all-grain brewing video, take a look!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #41
Brewing Clamper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wihophead
You could download the flv file then convert it to the format you would like to use.....
The only issue with that is that youtube drops the quality of the video quite a bit. Still, that's better than nothing.

Hey Joe, if you want a place to host the original video, let me know I'll put it up on my server...

--Omar

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #42
doublegun
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Brewer
Great videos. Enjoyed watching...but I have a question for anyone...Mash Tun...I've always pronounced it like TON....in the video it's more like TOON or TUNE....what is the proper pronunciation?

Webster's prefers tun pronounced like the 2000 lb weight measure. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tun

Thanks for the great videos. I'm going to try to get SWMBO to watch them. We're getting equipment together for AG.

Primary- Pale Ale
Secondary-
Conditioning- Belgian Strong Ale
On Deck- more Belgian stuff, Cru
Drinking- Weizen, Wit, IPA, Tripel

Old 03-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #43
Brewing Clamper

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublegun
Webster's prefers tun pronounced like the 2000 lb weight measure. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tun
I say potato, you say potato... hmm.. doesn't have the same effect in writing does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublegun
Thanks for the great videos. I'm going to try to get SWMBO to watch them. We're getting equipment together for AG.
+1. I put the videos together into one file and sent it to my tivo. The SWMBO thought it was cool. I've got all but the chiller ready for AG so we're almost there.. Thanks again dude.

--Omar

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #44
ridebadger
Recipes 

Well done.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #45
vmpolesov
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I noticed no sparge arms, am I right?

I thought it was handed down from On High, that Thou Shalt Use Sparge Arms, preferably spending $$ in the process.

you mean I can skip that business and just put a coffee tin lid on the top and let the water smack into that and distributed that way? Cool, one less thing to hassle with.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #46
JoePolvino
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmpolesov
I noticed no sparge arms, am I right?

I thought it was handed down from On High, that Thou Shalt Use Sparge Arms, preferably spending $$ in the process.

you mean I can skip that business and just put a coffee tin lid on the top and let the water smack into that and distributed that way? Cool, one less thing to hassle with.
Nah, I've been using the same coffee can lid for at least 5 years now. In fact, I sometimes play "chase the lid" by trying to steer it around with the water from the sparge tube.

I'm on the fence with redistributing the video on anything besides YouTube. On one hand, the idea of selling a DVD for a little extra scratch is tempting. On the other hand, I think this kind of information should be freely available.

I do plan on re-shooting, and would like to make it as correct as possible. So far, the errors that have been brought to my attention:

1. Tun is said like TON, not TUNE.
2. The first hops are called Bittering, not flavor.
3. Some people did not like the music.
4. A little more explanation of the pump valves.

Any others? I want to try to make it as complete and correct as possible. Thanks.

-joe

Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #47
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 966 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Joe, seriously. The video is fine as is. Don't go chasing perfection on it because odds are people will start picking nits at some other nuance on the new one. It's by far the best all grain video out there. Move on to other topics. I think you'll enjoy the editing on something fresh anyway.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #48
FatDuc

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
Joe, seriously. The video is fine as is. Don't go chasing perfection on it because odds are people will start picking nits at some other nuance on the new one. It's by far the best all grain video out there. Move on to other topics. I think you'll enjoy the editing on something fresh anyway.
I agree.

Do another short one on the pumps alone, if people want more info on that.
Quote:
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. Aldous Huxley
Fat Duc Brewing
Special Character cheatsheets

Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #49
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 581 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2brew
I agree.

Do another short one on the pumps alone, if people want more info on that.
+1 on some "focus" videos.

There are lots of (sub) subjects you could delve into to helps folks grasp the concept:

1) Close up view and demonstration of how your tun manifold/valve is constructed.
2) A look inside the kettle to see your pick-up system.
3) Maybe a (chalk board) illustration of how people without pumps can set up systems and let gravity do the work.
4) A yeast harvesting / washing episode.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #50
Gumbys_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

great videos definitely got the "A HA!" effect from watching those. can't wait to convert from extract to all grain brewing

Quick Reply