Originally Posted by hiroller173
Did you add the sugar straight up or put it in water and boil it (for sanitation purposes)
What I actually did was inverted th sugar. I put the 2.5 lbs of sugar into a 2.5quart pot added just enough water (~1cup) to make a syrup, a pinch of citric acid, and brought it up to 230F (thread stage). Once it was cooled (try not to go lower than your ferm temp, simply because your syrup will be thicker and take longer to dissolve if it is too cool) then I poured it into the fermenter slowly while gently stirring to ensure it completely dissolved.
FWIW, I added my sugar when fermentation noticebly slowed, but there was still a healthy kreausen on top. It continued to ferment for an additonal week, so this beer actually fermented for about 3.5 weeks, and I racked to the keg at the 5th week.
It is aging in the keg now.