Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > I just bought an extract kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
JNye
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default I just bought an extract kit

i love AG. but I got busy. I was able to brew this past Sunday(house APA) but I wouldn't be able to brew again for a few weeks and my pipline needs some "boosting"...Picked up Caribou Slobber from NB...I should be able to fit that in one day after work no problem...i feel ashamed and dirty.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
avidhomebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

I buy an extract kit occasionally for the same reason; they are quick to make and taste pretty good too.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
Dave258
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I still have a roasted brown ale I try to keep on hand that is an extract recipe. I love it. Sometimes I use s-04 last time us-05. This time I will go back to s-04.
The only problem I have while brewing an extract recipe these days is it is sooooo boring!

Dave

Blitzkrieg Brewery

Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
cuinrearview
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I got to the point where I was trying to mini-mash every extract batch I did and it really wasn't that much more time when I went all-grain. Sure, I run around like a fool after lighting the burner under the strike water, what with grinding grain and assembling the MLT, but after dough in it really feels just like my extract brew day as I usually scheduled an afternoon for brewing anyway.

Maybe I should do another batch with all extract and no steeping to bring things back into perspective.

Looking forward to brewing some beer

Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
SOB
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Don't sweat it. I was an every other weekend AG brewer last year but have only brewed 2-3 AG batches this year. Been too busy! I found that I can do two Extract batches in the same amount of time as one AG. I did that once so far and both beers turned out fantastic. Planning another one later this fall.

You gotta do whatcha gotta do!

"I'm much too young to feel this damn old"

Quick Reply