Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > I couldnt believe my ears!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
craigbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My wife helps once in while. She has brewed her own beer (she is the only one in the family with a medal for beer). She loves the end result. She has a better taster than I do so she tells me what is wrong or right with a beer. She gets me brew stuff for Christmas. She like the people in our brew club and the big camping/beer festival we go to.

As for cutting the lawn. She cuts, trims, edges, and blows(the grass clipping) of my lawn and 3 neighbors lawns.

Kuhnhenn Guild of Brewers homebrew club (KGB)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Jeepinctbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 232

my wife says to me all the time, can we talk about something other then brewing. and i say there is something else we can talk about?

Primary- AHS our special holiday ale mini mash
Secondary- Northern brewer oatmeal stout mini mash
On tap- Redhook Esb clone
Bottled-Shining star pale ale

Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
jmh286
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzle View Post
With a busy work schedule, I really plan my brew days, it's my time. So sitting down to dinner with my wife, she says she notices how much I enjoy brewing and she said she's interested. My jaw dropped, i couldnt believe it! and so I invited her to help me out tmrw! Shes into it as of now and is full of questions. So I'm running through the process so she can help out.

Has anyone else had their wife help them brew?!?!
Mine helps me when I need it. She holds the cooler when I am pouring strike water to make sure I don't move it and dump it all over the floor, but I have a sneaking suspicion that is to make sure I don't make a mess. Both she and my daughter help with bottling though.

Mmmmmmm...Beer

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
DirtyOldDuck
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

My wife doesn't drink much beer, or anything else for that matter, but she loves the smell of both the mash and the boil. I brew alone, but on occasion she will help me dough-in. I keg most of the time, but she helps when I bottle. Even though my wife is incredibly supportive of my hobby, when I talk about beer all she hears is "blah blah blah beer blah . . . " I imagine I must sound like one of the adults on the old Peanuts cartoons to her.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #25
lowtones84
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 178

My girlfriend loves to ask questions about brewing, and has helped me bottle a couple of times. In my experience a lot of people actually have fun running the bottling wand or capper. Unfortunately she's not a beer drinker but will try mine and has slightly enjoyed a couple. She loves my version of Apfelwein though, so another thanks to Ed :-)

Some day I think she will help me. Either it will be great because she's more details oriented or I will get annoyed. Anyhow, congratulations to you man! Have fun with it!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #26
chickypad
lupulin shift victim
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 247 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 113

The hubby got me into brewing and our 10 gal batches are our joint Saturday afternoon activity. I usually do small stovetop batches on my own but I like having a brew partner for the rest (besides the dog that is, she thinks she's helping but she's not). The boy's not much into recipe formulation which is one of my favorite things. On the other hand he has a much better palate than I do and gives good recommendations for adjustments, so it works out well.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
MMJfan
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 43

My wife likes my finished product. She doesn't help me during the brew process, but she usually helps me bottle. She also allows me to keep my fermenting buckets on our breakfast bar until they are done fermenting as my canning cellar gets quite cold during the winter.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 13

No help really, and I don't really want any. She does her hobbies and I have mine. I have friends that know how to brew and want to come help but I usually don't let them know when I am brewing. Not a loner, its just brewing is my "me" time.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #29
brewsnthelou
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
I used to want to have Bob interested in brewing, but now I'm glad it's a solo hobby. I really like having my hobby be just mine.

He does help a lot with things, though, now that he's encouraged me making 10+ gallon sized batches. He helps dump the grain outside in the compost, and helps crush the grain. I appreciate that- he's a lot stronger than I am! .
ditto for my hubby, he's there for the heavy lifting and enjoys the results but I think what he really likes most is bragging rights with his work buddies, " oh ya well my wife brews beer "
too funny !

"BEER...the other white meat"

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
f0xtr0t
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I asked for help from my wife while bottling. Something simple like handing my bottles or holding the racking cane. She refused and told me that she would only help if she got to do the fun part (filling bottles or capping).

Founding Member of B.R.E.W.S. (Border Residents Engineering Wicked Suds)
I'm a beekeeper. Save the bees, Save the world.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Quick Reply