Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > I brewed my first AG batch (Share your experience here)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #11
americanweirdo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

maybe someone could come up with a "first time all-grain troubleshooting" (sticky) thread and base it on all the questions that most frequently come up in this forum.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #12
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I'm not really talking about the thread for raising questions. Just the many threads where they want to share there first session.

Specific questions should be left in their own thread.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
Tankard
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschatz View Post
However, if we put all of the first time jitters into one thread I know I'm not going to look at it anymore than the "unanswered posts" thread. It'll get filled up and some of the noobs wont come back I think. The ability of seasoned vets to consistantly help the noobs makes this forum what it is. my 2 cents.
That's a good point. I enjoy seeing see new members post in the introductions thread, ask questions in the appropriate forums, and I like offering help whenever I can. Not that I'm a "seasoned vet" or anything, but if someone asks a question that I know the answer to, I enjoy helping them out.

I think when people stop caring about helping people here, it'll be just another message board full of elitists who are too busy gloating about themselves to care that nobody new is sticking around. I've seen once active message boards turn into ghost towns by these kinds of attitudes.

Quick Reply